
I have decided out of all the things to dislike about being a mother I choose the medical/doctor 'stuff'. Honestly, I don't even have a ton of it to deal with. I see my friend who has more then her fair share in this category, but I still have to complain. (I will vent for her.) When I see families with 6 kids I am floored. How does a mother keep all the medical together. Just getting a well check appointment can be a nightmare. Not to mention all the doctors who insist that a child has to run a fever to have an ear infection.
Which brings me to the past 24 hours. Makenzie woke up last night crying saying that her ear hurt. Great! She has had a stuffy nose and with this my little girl will inevitably get an ear infection. The pediatrician we go to is almost impossible to get an appointment with. I don't think I should have to go to urgent care for an ear infection (which I have, by the way). She woke up this morning in tears saying her ear hurt. No fever. Never a fever.
I finally had to take matters and kick some butt. I called a pediatrician here in Sahuarita/Green Valley at 8:30am to see if they are taking patients, I got an appointment at 10:30am. We got there at 10:15am and left at 11:15am. Ever since living in AZ, I have to say, that is the shortest appointment ever for my kids. The doctor didn't knock my socks off, but who cares. She has an ear infection, she has had too many in the past 6 months, bring her back in 3 weeks for a check, she will probably need to go see a specialist. (Literally that was pretty much all he said.) Woohoo! My kinda doctor. And I didn't have to drive an hour, wait an hour, and drive back an hour. Epic I tell you! My pediatrician appointments have been epic long adventures!
If this works out, I might just sit down in the bathroom and have a little cry. A small victory, but still an addition to tackling the 'nothing jobs'.
No comments:
Post a Comment