Friday, February 19, 2010

Racing with who?


I always feel like I am behind. I never can get everything done that I think needs to be done. Not sure where this comes from. Who exactly is standing behind me pushing me, telling me what I have to get done.

How much is realistic to get done in one day? In a couple of hours? In an hour? Does it change from moment to moment, or situation to situation? I think so. All I can do is my best. Guess I should remember that I don't have to internalize others judgments of me. Or the judgments I think others make of me.

If I didn't have to go to the principals office or the emergency room, I think I should call it a successful day. Even though, the dishes didn't get done or the laundry didn't get folded.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful is the morning. It is a time for new beginnings and a do over. Craig, Logan, Kenzie and Porter just want a hug, a kiss and their loving Jeanette/mama. Any more than that is expectations you put on yourself. They won't remember the clean dishes, the folded clothes or the swept floor. They will remember your face, the feel of your hair, your warm lap. Be kind to yourself. In Prince of Eygpt Jethro sings, Look at your life through Heaven's eyes. Believe you are amazing we all do!

    ReplyDelete