I wanted to post but feel like I have no 'voice'. So here are people who had a voice.
***
A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn. ~Author Unknown
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far. ~Uncle Remus
Sometimes the littlest things in life are the hardest to take. You can sit on a mountain more comfortably than on a tack. ~Author Unknown
If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. ~Frank A. Clark
We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it is God who is shaking them. ~Charles C. West
Things are never so bad they can't be made worse. ~From the movie The African Queen
***
Out of all of these sayings that try to make me feel better....this is the one that I feel (from experiencing my short list of trials) is the best and provides most insight.
Sometimes in tragedy we find our life's purpose - the eye sheds a tear to find its focus. ~Robert Brault
A traveler passed a stone quarry and saw three men working. He asked each man what he was doing. Each man's answer revealed a different attitude toward the same job. "I am cutting stone," the first man answered. The second replied, "I am earning three gold pieces per day." The third man smiled and said, "I am helping to build a house of God." from Work and Responsibility, Gospel Principles Ch 27. Love, MOM
ReplyDelete