Monday, January 24, 2011

Obstacles


Noun: A thing that blocks one's way or prevents or hinders progress.

Day one of really trying hard to get healthy. Trying to stay focused and remember my body is a divine gift.

Day started off pretty good. After Logan was at school pumped the babies up for some aerobics. Porter raced in the house and went straight for the pantry. I thought to myself, "So soon? Come on Porter beans aren't for breakfast. I hate it when he helps himself to pantry food."

"Mama, mama, no, no. We need cans!" He remembered from the last time I tried to exercise in the morning that I need weights (have none so use cans). Yea, my baby is trying to help me!

They weren't really excited for aerobics after about 5 minutes. Kenz started crying because I wouldn't pause it for her to go to the bathroom. Porter wanted granola bars, etc. I really am surprised I didn't fall and hurt myself or kick one of them in the head.

Now it is the end of this very long day......which just didn't go smoothly......on any level. Everyone just had a rough day. Oh, sweet cookie dough in the freezer.....you and I should have a rendez-vous.

Yes I did have cookie dough, but I kept track of my food today. And maybe I should not of had as many as I did......I am still a work in progress. Points for me I hope, I did add up all the cookie dough calories and put them in my food journal. Tomorrow is another chance to be better.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! You cant change your whole diet in one day....or you will go crazy...so enjoy that cookie dough! :)
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the analogy of stumbling blocks or stepping stones. It's all about perspective. Life is about obstacles. Some of the most memorable experiences I have had came from maneuvering through some challenging obstacle courses. You get in battle mode so you can conquer anything. And when you get on the other side it's not whether you win or lose it's how you played the game. Hopefully you have a break to take a breath enjoy the view and get ready for the next campaign. You are a great mom and a wonderful wife. Cookie dough all around! MOM

    ReplyDelete