Saturday, January 14, 2012

Logan's B-day and Some Chores

We had Logan's birthday cake last night. I sort of slapped it together. We were having a rough night and I thought his cake might help things be a little more happy. We all needed some 'happy'. He wanted a Lego brick. I did my best. I wanted to spend more time on it, but the kids just weren't going to work with me. He loved it, and that is all that matters.





So this is the new 'chore chart'. I need to come up with a better name, because I hate chore charts so much I could scream. They just make more work for me, and most of them make the kitchen look like a bad board room meeting.

This one is cool because the chores are divided by time. 5, 10, and 15min chores. Craig and I will do the 15 min chores until they get old enough to have them. Everyone gets(or randomly picks) one 10 min and two 5min 'work sticks'. Yea! The green sticks are things you do everyday like brush teeth, make bed.

http://www.howdoesshe.com/chore-chart-for-multiple-kids

Here is the blog that had the idea. I changed mine a little (I don't like to lie to my kids. I don't think chores are fun and I am not putting it on the block! So there!)

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! Your cake turned out great and I love your chore chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logan loves most anything you make. You can see it on his face. Lego and chocolate it doesn't get any better. The chore chart is a really good idea. Bet Makenzie and Porter love it. Now Craig is another story. MOM

      Delete